Richardsons international initiative continues to gain worldwide attention
August 15, 2013
In its effort to attract foreign companies and open markets for Richardson businesses, Richardson’s international economic development initiative continues to gain worldwide attention and build foreign relationships. The State of Texas and the City of Richardson continue to receive positive press worldwide based on strong economic growth. Richardson has enjoyed favorable press coverage over the past year highlighting corporate expansions and relocations. This has prompted international business and governmental delegations to schedule visits to find out why Texas and Richardson seem to be out-pacing the rest of the U.S. in regard to economic recovery.
Recent delegation visits to Richardson hosted by the Mayor’s Office of International Business include:
- Three U.S. State Department delegations:
- A 16 country delegation that included representatives from Angola, Dominican Republic, Egypt, India, Italy, Jordan, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Palestinian Territories, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, and Tunisia
- A seven country delegation that included representatives from Germany, France, Russia, Turkey, Kosovo, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A five person delegation from Bangladesh
16 country delegation in Richardson on July 26
- Mathilde Mukanabana, Rwanda Ambassador to the U.S. and Professor, and the Rwanda Commercial Attaché recently met with Mayor Laura Maczka, Deputy City Manager David Morgan and Director of the Mayor’s Office of International Business Mike Skelton.
- UK Consul General Andrew Millar from Houston, along with the Consulate Head of Trade and Investment met with Mayor Laura Maczka and Mike Skelton
Delegation from Rwanda on July 31