Construction is well underway at CityLine Market Phase II with a new CVS Pharmacy and a multi-tenant building that will include four restaurants: Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches, Super Chix, Pho is for Lovers, and Piada Italian Street Food (like a Chipotle for Italian food). The center owner, Regency Centers, expects to have the development completed by summer. Smashburger, Taco Diner and Modern Market (formerly Mod Market) are now open.
The remaining restaurants – Pei Wei, Luna Grill,
and a Starbucks
with Wells Fargo Bank and the retail and service businesses - Reef Yoga, CityLine Dentist, The Joint Chiropractic, Lash Lounge & Boutique, 18/8 Men’s Salon - will also open this spring. The long awaited Whole Foods
will open April 13.
To find updates on both CityLine and CityLine Market for dining, retail, apartments, etc., visit www.citylinedfw.com.
More restaurant activity:
West Campbell/75 area
- Snuffer’s will be coming to Richardson in space next to Tokyo Joe’s and Torchy’s Tacos.
- The Campbell Way Center on Alamo Dr., north of Campbell Road continues to attract new tenants for this renovated three- building complex. Mattison Avenue Salon Suites and Spa at 2100 Alamo Dr has opened and Palapas Seafood Bar will be located in the end cap at the same address. Three additional food businesses will be announced shortly: a tea house, a Mexican and a Vietnamese restaurant.
West Belt Line at Coit Road
· Dal-Rich Towne Square continues to thrive with Richardson Mercantile anchoring the center. 2015 saw several new restaurants and retailers open including Las Brazas Mexican Cuisine, the popular WingBucket and a new Sleep Central location. The latest addition to this center is Royal China, a long time, family-style restaurant located in north Dallas at Preston and Royal. They will open this second location in the restaurant space next to Sleep Central in the southeast corner of the center. Royal China is known for their hand-pulled noodles and house-made dumplings. The addition of Royal China makes a total of eight restaurants at Dal-Rich. Herb Weitzman of The Weitzman Group said they have several more prospects that should announce this spring.
West Campbell Road near Coit Rd.
· Snap Kitchen took over the former Starbucks space at Pavilion East. They offer “heat and eat” meals and snacks along with fresh made, cold-pressed juices. “We are passionately picky when it comes to the choices we make. From our internal team of chefs and dietitians to our trusted farmers, ranchers, and food suppliers, we aim to create stores that reﬂect our guests’ values towards health, community, and sustainability,” the restaurant's website reads.
· A new Starbucks with a drive-thru and Pei Wei are enjoying their new digs on W. Campbell in front of Sprouts.
Richardson Heights – Southwest corner of US 75/Central and W. Belt Line Road
· Phenix Salons now has about a dozen hair, nail and spa-type service providers.
· The new Thai restaurant Bangkok at Belt Line opened next to Masami. It is the second location for restaurateurs Joe & Sunny who began with their Bangkok City restaurant on Greenville Avenue at SMU Blvd in 2005. They offer a special afternoon Thai Tea on Saturdays at ; reservations are required. Dallas-area foodies & diners are truly in for a real treat with this unique afternoon Thai Tea menu that can't be found anywhere, including curry stuffed dumplings, Thai-inspired sandwiches to pastries and desserts like Thai Tea Macaroons or Passion Fruit Caramel Chocolate Ganache Tartlette, made especially for Bangkok by local Haute Sweets Patisserie.
· Watch for several more announcements coming this spring to this popular center.
Three more restaurants announcements should be made shortly – one at Heights, one at Block 24 and one at Promenade Center at 400 N Coit. Two are seafood and one is home-style.
What else is new?
- The former Walmart Neighborhood Market building at 400 N Coit Road was purchased by a specialty retailer that will be announced shortly, keeping much needed sales tax revenue in Richardson!
- 2015 was a record year for restaurant announcements and openings in Richardson with approximately 58 announcements and openings. In addition to all the announcements at CityLine, Restaurant Park and W Campbell that are being redeveloped, one of the year’s highlights was the opening of the Richardson Food Truck Park at 522 Bishop St behind the Gold Star Lighting and Appliance Store. The popular concept generated lots of social media attention for Richardson.
- This past year, a number of unique entertainment/play and fitness venues opened or announced:
| ||Banana Raceway and Hobby Shop, a remote control car racing venue with an adjacent hobby shop is located at 521 W.Campbell behind Fuzzy Taco’s.|
|Free Play Arcade is a retro video game arcade where you can play an original PacMan and 60 other vintage video games and pinball machines for $10. Beer and snacks are also available. It is located at 1750 E Belt Line close to the Baskin-Robbins and Dollar Tree.|
· I Love Kickboxing Studio at Heights Shopping Center features classes in fitness training for both men and women. It’s one of the hottest fat-burning fitness workout programs!
| ||Altitude Trampoline Park recently received approval for a 24,000-square-foot space at the Richardson Plaza between Fox ‘n Hound and Office Max on W. Campbell. Altitude is one of the premier trampoline facilities in the US with current DFW locations in Grapevine and Ft. Worth, and adding five other Texas locations. Their Richardson park will accommodate all ages and group sizes with activities such as regular jumping and dodge ball games, fitness classes, competitive trampolining, parties and corporate events.|
· In the same building, Gold’s Gym is finishing out a 40,000-square-foot gym in the former Bally’s space in Richardson Plaza. This is the first new Gold’s Gym concept in the DFW area in seven years and will be their top venue format.
· K1Speed Karting, an indoor go-kart facility at 677 W Campbell (former NCTX event center). Features electric go-karting for all ages and skill levels.
· YouFit Health Club leased 25,000 SF of the former Albertson’s at Belt Line/Plano Rd. YouFit features a low-cost $10/mo. basic program for those that want to handle their own workout routine. Other benefits and services of this full-service health club have additional charges.
· North Dallas Martial Arts opened at 420 N. Coit Rd at the Promenade Business Park. In addition to classes in Karate and Tae Kwon Do for both children and adults, programs include bully talk (teaching kids how to respond to bullying), group self-defense classes for women, scout badge training, fundraiser and birthday party programs, and classes for special needs children.