1. What are Richardson's competitive advantages for overseas companies looking to locate their business in the U.S.?
Companies and individuals invest in Richardson because it is centrally located in North America for optimal business coverage, has a well-educated technical workforce, low taxes, low cost of living, and a wonderful quality of life. Read more.
2. What is the cost of living in North Texas compared to other U.S. Regions?
to view comparative data.
3. What are the procedures and requirements to set up a business in the U.S. / Texas?
Setting up the appropriate business structure is the first step. Understanding the registrations and regular state and federal business and tax filings is the next step. To view several reports that are available for downloading, please click here
4. What is the procedure to obtain a visa to operate a company in the U.S.?
It is recommended that you contact a local immigration law firm for assistance. REDP has a list of local law firms that can provide you with the latest immigration information and a quote for their services. To view a summary list of requirements for a foreign manager to obtain a visa to run a U.S. office, please click here
5. What foreign companies are located in Richardson?
There are over 50 foreign-based companies operating in Richardson. To view a listing of foreign companies in Richardson by country of origin, please click here
6. How do I contact a Richardson international business development representative for assistance?
E-mail Mike Skelton
, Director, Mayor's Office for International Business, or call our office at (972) 792-2814.