Enjoy Richardson's parks and recreation opportunities!
- 30 parks encompassing 850 acres City Parks Map
- 40 miles of walkways, hike and recreational bike trails City Trail Map
- Bill Keffler Baseball Complex at Breckinridge Park featuring 4 full-sized field accommodating T-ball through high school
- Huffhines Athletic Complex with 4 premier softball fields for state & national tournaments in Adult and Girls Fast-Pitch Softball and 2 Auxiliary multi-purpose fields for flag football and soccer league play
- Public pools and recreation centers, tennis courts and golf courses
- Heights Family Aquatic Center at Richardson Heights Recreation Center
- New Richardson dog park = "Bush Central BARKway," a 6-acre site under the Bush Turnpike west of Central Expressway
- Ranked among Texas' Top 100 golf courses
- Ranked 4th in Texas for low to mid-priced courses
- Features two 18-hole courses and operates year-round
- Elegant residential homes and city parks surround the course
Canyon Creek Country Club
- CCCC is a private country club with an 18-hole golf course designed by Press Maxwell
- 3 swimming pools, 14 outdoor tennis courts, 4 indoor tennis courts
- Newly renovated clubhouse for member events and corporate functions
- Club attracts members from all over North Dallas area
- Located 1 mile west of Central Expressway and Telecom Corridor ® area
Corporate Challenge is an Olympic style competition run by the city's Parks & Recreation Dept.
- 40 Richardson companies recruit employees, spouses, & retirees to compete in 22 athletic and non-athletic events held in late August through early October.
- Competition events range from softball to volleyball, billiards to golf
- Held during the week after normal business hours, and on weekends.
- In 2009, $118,000 was raised for the Special Olympics through Corporate Challenge
There are several events supported and organized by Richardson Bike Mart
, a local Richardson business whose owner, Jim Hoyt, was Lance Armstrong's early mentor in cycling events in the Richardson area.
For information on Richardson bike trails, please click here
This 116,900 square-foot facility features live music, NY-style theater productions and touring companies with musicals, dance and special performances throughout the year. It is located off U.S. 75/Central Expressway, on Performance Drive, next to the Marriott's Renaissance Hotel.
- Frequently hosts national touring companies in musical theater, dance, comedy and plays
- Concert series by Richardson Symphony, Richardson Community Band
- Home to concerts by nationally renowned Men’s Barbershop and Sweet Adeline’s choruses, The Vocal Majority and The Rich-Tones Chorus
- 3 venues: Hill Performance Hall, Bank of America Theater, Bank of America Hall.
One of Dallas area’s premier arts and entertainment venues
Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival
- Held the 3rd weekend in May since 1992, the festival features live music stages, performances throughout the day, vendors and artists, fun and food for the whole family, and the WildRide annual charity cycling event.
- For the past 41 years, Cottonwood Art Festival has been a popular Texas attraction and one of our nation's premier art festivals. It draws over 240 local, regional, and national artists, as well as local and regional bands performing the best in rock, country, jazz, blues, swing, and folk.
- Held the 1st weekend in May and again in October
Huffhines Art Trails
- Annual local/regional arts/crafts fair held at Huffhines Park - Held in late October
- On City Hall grounds each November-December
- Actual replica of Santa's Village for children and adults, with all the lights and sounds of Christmas
- Annual Christmas Tree lighting
Click here for listing of various Richardson entertainment activities/events
Richardson has a number of clubs, sports bars and restaurants that often feature live music entertainment and recreation with area bands and singers:
Sasha's American Blues/Jazz Club
Austin's iconic opened in Richardson in 2013!
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
chose a site at Richardson Heights Shopping Center, the southwest corner of Central Expressway and Belt Line Road, for its first DFW location.
- This totally unique movie theater with outstanding freshly prepared food menus shows first-run and independent films and features themed events and special activities every month.
- The 7-screen theater hosts corporate events and special gatherings - Call Alamo for details.
- Alamo's "Glass 1/2 Full" restaurant/bar is open (movie ticket not required!) and featured over 35 specialty beers (many from local Texas breweries) as well as a full bar and theater menu.